It is at your discretion to whether you share any information; however, Alton Sports may require certain personal and demographic information such as your name, mailing address, email address, security data, and personal identification information to process orders placed.
When placing an order with Alton Sport you may be asked for credit details to process payment. Your details will only be used in accordance with your requests. If you change your mind and decide you no longer wish to receive information then email ‘unsubscribe’ to email@example.com with your name, billing address, email address and the details which you know longer wish to receive. Alton Sports will not share any information with third parties without your permission, unless it will assist us in providing you with the level of service and commitment you expect from us. What we do with the information we gather
Alton Sports requires this information to understand your needs and providing you with an excellent service and moreover for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use certain information to improve our services and to enhance your experience with Alton Sports
- Alton Sports may periodically send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we feel would benefit you as a consumer.
- From time to time we may contact you for market research purposes via email in order to improve our services.
When do we collect your data?
- When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, or redeem vouchers from the Partnership on the phone, in a shop or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store.
How do we protect your data
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.